If I recall, at last count Avery was pushing 375 stickers on those doors!
Today was also our babysitter, Alexandra's, first day this summer. Her family has been friends of ours for several years and we decided to try something totally new this year by having someone come into our home to keep Avery. Alexandra is 17, so she can drive and will be taking Avery to the Y for swimming, to the movies, and just around town to do fun stuff. I think they will have a great summer!
Tonight was the official All-Star announcement/ceremony. Wes had already called all of the girls and parents to notify them, but tonight was the actual ceremony, uniform fitting, and meeting. All of the girls were called individually and presented with All-Star trophies to commemorate their selection.
The uniform fitting was pretty hectic and I really doubt these uniforms are going to fit properly. The girls were given basic cotton jerseys to try on and shorts that weren't even the same brand as the uniforms. I am cautiously optimistic that this will turn out well considering the cost each family is paying out of pocket.
It was great to meet some of the "new" players and parents. I say new because they aren't really new, we just haven't played with several of them before. It looks like we will have a great group of girls and parents!




No comments:
Post a Comment