Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170/365 - June 19

Woke up this morning and realized it wasn't a dream...we really DID win last night!

Oh, and how could I have forgotten to mention that after we got home last night, Avery decided she wanted her hair curled. Really? Of course, I was wired and not going to sleep anytime soon, so I pulled out the rollers and curled it up for her.

This morning she had fruit kabobs for breakfast and next thing I know...
Yep, she's a walrus :)

Now, how to keep twelve girls cool and semi-rested for a 7:30 game tonight?

Take them to see a movie, of course! Karate Kid just came out and luckily, most of the girls wanted to see it.
We had seven players (plus an extra friend) come along. It was a great remake of a movie I loved growing up! And I must say, mission accomplished. The girls stayed inside during the heat of the day and enjoyed spending time together!!

It STORMED during the movies and of course, I left my windows cracked in my car :) The seats were SOAKED!

Several of us stopped to grab a quick dinner at Chappy's before changing and heading to the game. I seriously love how close we are to this place!

Another great game tonight. Montgomery Gray Angels defeated Suburban West 16-4 in another called 3 inning game! We jumped out to an early 9-0 lead, held them to 10-2 in the second inning, and then closed the game with another 6 runs and only allowing 2 in the third inning.

Avery had a great hit - a strong line drive double that brought in one run!

Back to play at 6:00 Tuesday night in the Championship Game!!!

No comments: