Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 175/365 - June 24

Tonight was our first district game and I decided to make a little favor for the girls.
I think they turned out pretty cute.

I wish I could say that our game turned out as well, but I can't. Although our girls played super hard, they came up a little short tonight and lost 10-8 against Beauregard.

Let me add that I seriously don't know how those girls can be 9/10 years old because many of them were as tall as me and developed. It was beyond crazy to look at our girls compared to all the other teams we saw! I know our team is young (only four 10 year olds and the rest are 8 or 9 year olds), but still it was unbelievable!

I was so proud of our team though because we were down 10-0 going into our at bat in the third inning and we scored 6 runs. We held them in the fourth inning and scored 2 more runs. Going into the fifth inning, the score was 10-8! We held them again and were really thinking we had a shot to pull out a come from behind win. First batter up, a TRIPLE! Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!!! Next three batters, all struck out :(

Game over.

That's OK. It's only one loss. The tournament is double elimination, so we will be back again tomorrow night playing out of the loser's bracket this time.

I still can't stress enough how proud I am of the girls - they played SO hard and didn't give up...even when they were down ten runs.

No comments: