Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 158/365 - June 7

Avery's furniture was still not back in her bedroom as of this morning. 

Furniture in our foyer:
Furniture and stuff in our spare room:
Luckily, we spent some time and worked on that this evening. Still not 100%, but the furniture is in there! Most of the "stuff" pictured above is still right where is was this morning!
 Avery's friend Lilly spent the night last night. We picked her up on the way home from Landon's birthday party. Today, the girls wanted to go swimming, but Lilly is not a member of the Y which left me in a quandary. We are only allowed two guests per year and every single time I turn around, Avery wants to invite someone to come with us. 


I came up with this ingenious idea to call a friend and ask if I could say Lilly was her daughter when we checked in (since I knew they were out of town). Just stick with me, I promise that it seemed like a good idea at the time.

So, I proceed to tell Avery and Lilly that we are going to the Y, but that I will need to tell the girl at the counter their names. This is the conversation that followed:

Avery - why?

Mom - because Lilly is going to "be" Bailey Anne today since they are members.

Avery - but that is lying. Lying is wrong.

Me - silence. Yes, yes it is. {crud, there are times I really stink at this parenting thing}

As we are riding to the Y, Avery asks me to borrow a pen...so Lilly can write Bailey's name on her hand. {sigh}  Once again bad, bad parent!

I quickly inform the girls that when we arrive at the Y, I will do the talking and they will play the quiet game. Once we are in the locker room headed to the pool, Lilly asks me if the quiet game is over.

Did I mention that I am a REALLY bad parent?

No comments: