Kathleen spent the night with Avery tonight. They were having a great time but decided to change into their jammies early (5:00) since they were so yucky from the day. Of course, I made them take a bath first.
All of a sudden I hear screaming from the bathroom. I rush in and they are both yelling about a bug in Kathleen's hair. First thing that comes to my mind is that icky, nasty lice that all of school had last fall.
Nope, couldn't be that simple. It was a big bug in her hair.
It was a tick.
Have I ever seen a tick ON a person? Nope.
Has Wes (who happened to come home at just the right time) ever seen a tick period? Nope.
Are you kidding me? Why do these things happen and especially when the other kid's parents are out of town?!?
Needless to say, once I got both of the girls calmed down, I was googling it faster than you can imagine. Wes made a call to our veterinarian who is also a friend.
Let me just say that tick removal from the scalp = NO fun! It took five minutes to get that sucker off, Kathleen cried, Avery cried (because she found it and got Kathleen upset), and I know without a doubt that it hurt too.
After FINALLY getting through all of that craziness, I gave up on fixing dinner and just ordered pizza.
The girls both calmed down and settled in to watch our FAVE summer show, Wipeout!
Notice Princess on top of the tent? It only took 20 attempts (seriously) to get a picture of her actually visible and looking towards the camera. She doesn't show up very well :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment