Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 199/365 - July 18

Even after staying up late, the kids were still up bright and early this morning! After warming up breakfast, we were all back in the water and out on the boat.

I totally forgot about getting the pictures of Avery wiping out yesterday and mentioned to Jeff that I wanted him to flip the girls one time today. That's all it took for him to kick it into high gear immediately. A few circles later, this is what happened.





That last picture shows Avery going into the water.  She took a HARD hit into the water after flying over the top of everyone and was crying immediately. Of course, Wes and Jeff were nice enough to tell her, "your Mom wanted a picture" which really didn't help the moment at all.  Sure enough, she's got nasty bruise already coming up on her left thigh (and it's BIG).

Avery got back on the tube one time afterwards with the little girls, but got really scared (even though Jeff wasn't being rough) and wanted to got off. I must admit that I felt pretty bad at that point. Was the picture worth it? Nope, negative, nah, no.
She did perk on up later in the day as you can see here.
We fixed a late lunch, cleaned up, and were on the road heading home by 3:00. What a great weekend!

No comments: