This school year has been full of adjustments - new school plus 4th grade just to name a few.
There have been more than a few nights that ended in tears. Avery and me too, once in the privacy of my own room.
Then there are the moments where things just "click." You know what I'm talking about, the light bulb goes off and they just "get it."
It's times like those that can make you forget all the others when you want to pull your hair out.
And times like tonight. When your child hands you a card that she spent an hour making for you.
This moment could have been super special, but I ruined it. Yeah, that hour Avery spent in her room working on this card meant an hour that wasn't being used to study. When I got on to her about that, she was preparing to hand me this sweet card she had just worked so hard on.
We both cried a little. Me, for feeling like the worst mom ever (again).




No comments:
Post a Comment