When school started, the teachers (Trio as they like to be called) told us about three weeks into school they hold Parent/Teacher Conferences with all new families.
Today was our day. We met this morning at 7:45 and talked to The Trio for about thirty minutes until the bell rang for students to come in.
They were all pleased with how well Avery has adapted. They also said she has really opened up since the first week of school.
Right now, she has all A's and B's which pleases Wes and me VERY much. I honestly never thought I would be so happy to see a B.
This has also been a good experience for Avery. Having never made a B, she was super upset going into the school year. "I know I'm gonna make my first B this year." We've told her to just try her hardest and we will all do the best we can.
I think she's finally come to the realization that it's great to reach for the stars, but you also have to be realistic at the same time. Knowing that Forest Avenue is a full grade level ahead means that she essentially skipped 4th grade math (STJ was a grade level ahead in English). When you stop and think about the amount of skills learned in one year...it's huge! To have a B while tackling all of this new and advanced material...proud doesn't begin to describe it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment