Happy Birthday to...ME!
Yep, the big 3-6 today. I've caught up with Wes for another year.
I had a wonderful day.
My Dad called this morning and surprised me with lunch at the Capital City Club. Talk about amazing views (20+ floors up) and delicious food. It was a great meal and wonderful company too!
Imagine my surprise to find out that Avery had almost no homework when I picked her up from school. Seriously, that SO made my day!
Avery and Wes took me to dinner at Miyako which just so happens to be where Avery went for her birthday (notice a trend here? yep, we like what we like. obviously, considering I'm wearing the same top too!).
On the way to dinner, I received a phone call from Best Buy. Actually, Avery was playing a game on my BlackBerry and said "it doesn't have a name" and I told her to just answer it. Good thing she did...the phone (htc EVO 4g) that I have been waiting on FOR-EVER finally came in today. They were going down the list until they got folks that actually answered the phone. Considering they only got two phones in, I was super excited. I mean, come on, how much better of a birthday surprise can you get than that?!?
So, we went on and enjoyed a yummy dinner and then headed home for an even yummier cookie cake. I seriously {heart} cookie cake and think I might actually have a problem once it's in my house.
Avery picked out the design. She wanted a heart and since I use to like chocolate icing best but now like white icing best (and because she likes chocolate best), she wanted the heart to have both flavors. When Wes placed the order, he was invisioning a heart inside a larger heart...not half chocolate and half white. Bottom line, it tasted just the same!
After cake, I opened my present - a new pair of awesome PJ's. Then it was off to get the rest of my present...my phone!!
Avery asks me every year, "was this your best birthday ever?" I can honestly say that yes, this was the best birthday yet. I was surrounded by my family and had an evening full of time with them doing what we wanted to do. No pressure from anyone else, no stress from outside stuff. It was truthfully just a perfect day. Thank you Wes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment