Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 110/365 - April 20-Happy Birthday Avery!!

Happy 9th Birthday Avery!!
The day started off with Avery opening presents - what better start than that?!? All she asked for was to have her room painted and a new comforter. We threw in a ceiling fan just for fun! Well, really because she needed it but fun sure does sound better, huh?


I dropped Avery off at school and helped get her cookie cake inside.
She picked out the design of two dogs and a cat. Obviously, she forgets that we really have another cat! Maybe if said cat paid her any attention she would have made her way onto the cake too :)

Wes and I met at school to have lunch with Avery. I picked up Subway on the way. Ah, the joys of sitting at a lunchroom table on a stool the size of my hand!
Avery and her friends had fun though! Have I mentioned that third graders are VERY silly?

We finished off the big day with dinner tonight. Avery picked Kabuki, a Japanese restaurant near our house because "they have the pineapple, fruit thing on your birthday." Wes had a meeting and couldn't make it, so his parents joined us for a fun night.

It's a good thing I haven't done my grocery shopping yet...that dinner took a big chunk out of my budget. However, everyone enjoyed the meal and that made it all worth it.

Happy Birthday my sweet Angel Bug!!!

No comments: