Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 112/365 - April 22

Avery woke up miserably sick this morning, so Wes called his grandparents and I took her over there for the day. Imagine my surprise to receive a phone call at 9:30 from Avery saying she felt great and wanted to go to school. Are you kidding me?!?

I know I should be proud, happy, and all of that Mama stuff. But really, to be honest with ya, this put a big kink in my day! Off I head to pick her up, go home, get her dressed, pack her lunch, take her to school, and then 1 1/2 hours later I make it back to work. See what I mean? Not exactly in my plans. Not exactly what you can tell your kid though, so I poured on the compliments, blah, blah, blah...isn't that what we're suppose to do?

Avery was none too happy that Wes made her miss opening night of Footloose tonight. Our softball game was scheduled to start at 7:30, but ended up not starting until 8:05 because the first game ran over. Turns out, she could have performed in the 7:00 musical and made it to the game at AUM. It's one of those things that you just can't predict though!

The girls played fabulous tonight and ended up beating AUM's Blue Cobras 14-1 bringing their record to 6-0!!!

While warming up, Wes took a line drive directly to the front/side of his shin. It's red and has a pretty good knot, but not enough that you can really see it in a picture.

Since I couldn't get a picture of "the injury", you get the pleasure of seeing how the front of our house has looked for the past few weeks.
Yep, a shutter fell off and it won't go back up. Wes even bought some new screws and whatever else you use to put it back up, but no luck. For now, we are the neighbors you hate!

No comments: