Wow, let me tell ya...8 hours of sleep SURE did do this girl some good last night!
We had a rushed afternoon/evening with Avery's 6:00 softball game. It's a good thing I get off work at 3:30! Otherwise, I really don't know how we would ever manage to get everything accomplished. We hurried home after school to finish up homework and studying, grabbed a quick and light dinner, and got everyone changed into their uniforms.
Wes likes to have time for everyone to warm up and get in a quick round of batting practice before each game. That's a little easier said than done on weeknight games, but it went pretty good tonight.
I'm beyond excited to say that we WON tonight with a score of 22-3!! This was the game against our rival coaches and it felt so good for the girls to play so well. The other team came out and their first four or five batters attempted to bunt the first two pitches. I say attempted because they all fouled out. I really think it was an attempt to intimidate our pitcher, but it didn't work! It didn't even phase her one single bit, she just kept right on going - amazing!
Right after the game was over, Avery ran right up to Wes and jumped into his arms. It was the absolute most precious thing I have seen in a long time. Well, actually I didn't SEE it happen. I was too busy talking and finishing up the game book. But I did see the end of it and get a play by play of it happening :)
Here's a quick photo of the entire team after Wes finished his wrap up talk.
Notice that they ALL have used eye black? Yep, that would be thanks to my sweet Angel Bug. Who knew you needed it for an evening game???
Ah, did I mention how awesome this win was tonight?!? Yep, it was THAT big to all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment