Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 117/365 - April 27

After Princess decided to use one of our leather chairs as a climbing post over the weekend, Wes decided it was time for a visit to the vet. I talked over the various options with them and we decided to get her spayed and declawed which meant an overnight stay. Avery was so worried and upset that Princess would be scared and worried. She cried and cried all morning long.
I pulled out of the driveway heading to the vet with Princess and left Avery slumped over the fence in tears. To say it was pitiful would be an understatement.

We had a ballgame tonight against the AUM Bulldogs (friends from our old church). The girls just didn't really seem "on" tonight and ended up with their first loss of the season with a final score of 6-4. It was a super close game, but you can't expect to win when you leave 10 runners on base!

One funny thing did happen during the game though.  While Avery was on deck, she asked me how many walks the pitcher had.  See, in this league the pitcher gets 4 walks before the coach comes in to finish up the inning and it starts back over each inning.  Avery wanted her Dad to pitch to her. I thought it was pretty sweet, but I think it may have irritated Wes a little. He wants her to feel confident hitting off any pitcher - she CAN do it.

No comments: