Today was Field Day for the Lower Elementary kids at school which meant that Avery got to wear her t-shirt and shorts. I guess since we didn't do uniforms growing up, I don't fully understand. However, non-uniform days are a HUGE deal to Avery and I think it's pretty cute. Of course, Wes calling me at 9:00 to ask if I put sunscreen on Avery is not so cute. I politely reminded him that mornings are "his responsibility" and any help from me is just extra :) Yep, you guessed it - no sunscreen. That poor baby is just getting over the rash that I finally determined was sun poisoning from two weeks ago - ack!! I'm VERY happy to report that didn't get too much sun today though!
I had to help at the ball field tonight and Avery wanted to come along too. The kicker is that she wanted to ride her bike up there. Considering she has just learned how to ride said bike, there was no way that was happening. So, Wes decided he would follow along behind her in the truck to make sure everything went smoothly. She made the one mile ride without any problems - other than getting confused about which way to go at one point.
After I finished up in the concession stand, Avery decided she wanted to stay and watch the last inning of a game that several of her friends from STJ were playing in - they stayed back in the Darlings league. By the time they finshed up and we got home, it was 9:00.
Good thing we don't have to be back until 8:50 in the morning for team pictures ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment