Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 229/365 - August 17

In a nutshell, today was just a crummy day. You know - one of those days that makes you realize you should've just stayed in bed or wish you could go back to bed and start all over? Yep, that's the day I've had.

Nothing terrible, just yuck.

I've had a lingering migraine since last Friday, the 13th. It will NOT go away, ease up - sure. Go away - negative. To say I feel bad would be a slight understatement. However, I've pushed through and continued doing all the stuff you are "suppose to do" to keep life functioning both at home and work.

Mid-morning, I was filing a few papers in one of the two drawer filing cabinets stacked on top of each other at work and realized that there was just WAY too much stuff crammed into one of the drawers.

Taking a proactive approach, I decided to move a few items to another drawer.

Probably should have thought about closing one drawer before opening the second. It didn't take but a split second for the filing cabinet to start falling towards me and in slow motion fall forward, flip upside down, and fall onto the floor. Luckily, I quickly moved out of the way.

Both drawers were open, so everything dumped out. Of course, the filing cabinet is now broken and we have to order a replacement.

This is the temporary fix - both two drawer filing cabinets side by side with the damaged drawers on top (they were stacked on top of each other). Personally, I'm kind of fond of the "open air" filing system.

I know you're wondering why there aren't any photos the actual damage. I really didn't think my bosses would appreciate me whipping out the camera in the middle of that fiasco.

Honestly, the day just went downhill from there.

1 comment:

kmkarayannis said...

Oh Kelli, I read about this in the forum, and I am just glad YOU didn't get hurt, forget about the stinky old drawers!