Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 250/365 - September 7

Avery auditioned for the chorus at school last week.

I noticed the information about sign ups, but didn't mention it to her. She's had so many adjustments already, why add more to her plate?

Imagine my surprise when she told me that she went by the music teacher's room and signed up for an audition date.

I printed the lyrics for the song she had to sing and she worked on memorizing them for several days.

Audition day. Avery gets in the car that afternoon and tells me that she did terrible. They had to pick up singing in various locations in the song and sing various harmonies much slower than she was prepared for.

She goes on to say that if she doesn't make it, she will just try again next year. I was beyond proud of her positive outlook!

Lucky for Avery, she won't have to wait until next year!

Yep, my baby girl made the school chorus!!!

No comments: