I was so caught up in the cat drama yesterday that I didn't even mention the fact that Avery has poison ivy. Bad poison ivy. We even ended up at the doctor yesterday because it has taken over her legs.
She started complaining about these bumps that itched Friday night when she was with her NaNa and PaPa. I didn't think a thing about it. Avery has crazy reactions to bites and I figured it would take a day or so and go away.
When she got up yesterday complaining even more, I looked even closer and realized we had a big problem on our hands (didn't know what, just that it was NOT good). So, I did what any respectable Mom would do. I immediately sent her to see her Dad.
He took one look at it and said...poison ivy.
Are you kidding me?!? I'm sure she had to be exposed two weeks ago on the hunting trip since that's when Wes brought the wonderful gift home. Why did it take so long to show up? Thinking back, she complained last week of her legs itching and I gave her some lotion for her dry skin. I'm sure that did wonders for the monster rash that was already taking over. Once again, great mom!
Anywho, the doctor gave Avery a strong dose of steroids along with a cream that should help dry it up. She also instructed a dose of Benadryl every 4 hours. I guess it's a pretty good thing Benadryl doesn't make Avery sleepy, huh?
Obviously, the steroids don't either. That kid was up and down all.night.long. I don't think we slept more than a few hours total last night.
The pharmacy had to order the cream yesterday, so I ran by to pick it up this afternoon. While I was there, I stopped in a store next door and picked up a super cute new Vera Bradley glasses case for Avery. One of those "just because" gifts.
Nothing like a long story for one little 'ole picture, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment