Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 253/365 - September 10

Avery has been anxiously awaiting the day that I could finally eat lunch with her. The school asked that parents wait until after Labor Day to allow the teachers to get into their routines, etc.

Needless to say, Avery expected me to be there on Tuesday to eat. I wasn't.

I decided today would be the day I would come by and eat with her.

She was ecstatic that she got to pick two friends and we all were allowed to go outside and eat at the picnic tables. We were able to talk the entire time - that's a big deal since they are required to eat in silence for the first fifteen minutes and then talk during the last ten.
Avery brought Mamie and Caroline to outside to eat with us.
Tonight was the Back to School Bash, a huge fund raiser put on by the PTA.

Avery stood in line for nearly an hour waiting for her turn on this velcro jumper thing. They fitted her in a velcro suit...
...she jumped around and onto the velcro wall, peeled herself off, and started over again.
Five times she got to jump...for an hour wait.

Avery made sure to hit all the water attractions too.

I'd say she had fun though, what about you?

1 comment:

kmkarayannis said...

HAHAHAHA, LOVE that velcro wall picture...you MUST scrap it!