Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 289/365 - October 16

This was the last weekend that the fair was in town. We originally planned to go last weekend, but had to move it in order to fit in our Six Flags trip.

Wes was planning to go with us, but stayed at home sick. Does he really think pneumonia is a big deal?!?

So, I trudged on with Avery and Caroline for a fun filled day of rides.

The girls rode a lot of different things and I rode a few, but mostly took pictures and watched them have a blast together.
I did witness something that I never thought would happen though.

Avery found a friend who will ride ANYTHING. And by anything, I mean everything. As in even stuff that Avery won't ride.

It never occurred to me that this could happen. It did not make for a good day of rides, let me tell ya. There were tears, pouts, and lots of stuff in between. Just not the greatest of days.

I did make Avery compromise and ride some of the rides Caroline wanted to ride though. Such as this 90 foot tall tower drop thingy.
That would be her praying on the way up...not very happy at all.
And that would be her screaming on the way down...still not happy at all. It didn't improve much when she got off either.

There were a few other rides that Avery did not voluntarily ride, but suffered through for her friend. I'm not so sure she will be inviting Caroline back to the fair again though! Avery always thought she was the fearless one in her group of friends. Um, not so much sweetie.

The girls did have a blast in these inflatable balls though.
And I did get quite a few smiles out of Avery over the course of the day.
Despite the few ride hiccups, she told me that she still had a great time.

1 comment:

kmkarayannis said...

That pic of Avery on a ride is AWESOME and those balls look like SO SO much fun! I would LOVE to try that!