I know I've mentioned the wonderful surprises Princess has left for us around the house (kind that start with a "p" and end with "ee"). We've also noticed her dragging her bottom across the carpet and are pretty sure her tapeworms aren't gone.
So, she went back the vet today, although we did take her to a different vet (our old vet who is family). They attempted to get a urine sample, but the key word would be attempted. No luck there.
They decided to treat her with a strong antibiotic based on the symptoms and were going to send us home with pills to give daily for two weeks. Mickey attempted to give Princess the first pill at the office to "show us how to do it."
Needless to say, we left after Princess was given a strong antibiotic shot that lasts two weeks. Oh, not to mention the $16 a bag special diet cat food for bladder/kidney problems.
I think it would be sufficient to say that Princess does not like the vet. Not sure if it was the hissing or growling that gave it away, but I kinda get the message.
While Princess was happy to be home, she really wouldn't have much to do with any of us. The shot obviously made her feel crummy and this is pretty much what she did all day long.
Poor baby. I really hope she feels better soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment