Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 288/365 - October 15

OK, so with all the poster "stuff" going on yesterday, I decided to hold off until today to photograph Avery with her report card. Yep, yesterday was report card day. Her first official report card at Forest Avenue.
(I know, I know...squinty eyes. Early morning picture, what can ya do?)

She made 3 A's and 2 B's and we could not be more proud of those amazing grades. The principal even commented that new students should be extremely honored to make A's and B's due to the accelerated learning level.

Although these were the first B's that Avery has ever made, we had been attempting to prepare her for it over the past few months. I'm quite pleased to say that Avery handled it better than we expected. I think it was due to the fact that she knows how hard she has worked these past few months.

Of course, it could have had a little something to do with the promise of a computer from her Dad if she got A's and B's. Well, let me tell the whole story.

Avery has been saving and saving and saving since the summer for a netbook. A pink netbook to be exact. She sold a ton of stuff at our yard sale this summer and has saved every penny she came across. She ended up with $200. Wes told her that if she mad A's and B's on her report card, we would chip in the rest. 

Like I said, I'm sure the promise of a computer didn't hurt either.

1 comment:

kmkarayannis said...

WONDERFUL!!! What an awesome accomplishment for ALL of you! What a great student she is! I hope she gets that netbook!