After making the switch to Dish at the beginning of the month (for cable), we finally made the decision to switch to Charter for internet and phones. They offered the best price around, so I scheduled the appointment for this past Thursday, the 14th.
They came. It took for.ever. Like 3 1/2 hours forever. Long enough that we had to break it into shifts. Wes took the first half then called me to come home so he could go back to work. Crazy, crazy, crazy.
I tested the TV's and internet to make sure everything was working and even picked up the phone to make sure I had a dial tone before the install guy left. Everything seemed great.
So, Friday night I notice that we didn't have one single call show up on caller id during the day. Totally just not possible.
I call Charter and find out that they haven't "activated our features" yet, but do so while I'm on the phone. Great, right? Yeah, not so much.
Saturday, I tried calling Wes from the fair to check on him (and maybe to see how Auburn was looking as well), but the phone just rang and rang and rang. I was pretty irritated that he wasn't answering.
Well come to find out, the phone wasn't ringing. Our phone hasn't RUNG since they installed the lines Thursday. We can make calls out, but not receive anything.
After a not so friendly conversation with Charter, we have an appointment set up for tomorrow night between 5-7. The not so friendly part would be due to the fact that the customer service rep tried to tell me there would be a $45 charge if it was an inside line problem since we didn't purchase their "coverage." I kindly informed her that we had phones until the minute her tech walked into my house, now I don't, and there was no way I was paying them a penny. Yep, that's pretty much how it went.
Why, oh why, did we every switch service?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
oh MY!! Sometimes it seems like everything has to have a glitch along the way. Why can't anything work right, the way it is supposed to?!!??
Post a Comment