Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 128/365 - May 8

Wow, today was a busy day!

Avery was up bright and early to work on a project - for me :) - for Mother's Day. Luckily, she was able to get to work without my assistance right off the bat!
Notice the paint on her face and hands?

She had a 10:00 ballgame that she played great in! They won 12-2 and are still in 1st place in league standings!!

After her ballgame, everyone (John, Carol, Mama Bill, Papa John, Brian, Mollie, and Bowman) came over to our house to celebrate Mother's Day. The kids played on the Slip 'n Slide, but Bowman got cold and changed before I could get any pics of him. I did snap a few of Avery since she never gets cold and would live in water if allowed :)

We ate a delicious lunch of BBQ, ribs, burgers, hot dogs, and all kinds of fixin's to go with it. I made a new pie that was to.die.for. yummy! I'm craving it just thinking about it as I type. {uh oh}

Everyone opened cards and gifts, but somehow I managed to NOT take a single picture of that or of us as a group. Seriously, that never happens. I think it was just the rush of getting the food together, trying to watch the kids play, visiting, etc. Oh well, there were lots of good memories!!

Everyone stayed until early evening. Brian and Mollie had plans to eat dinner at Bonefish and invited us to join them. Although I was stuffed from lunch, we decided to go along for the company. After an hour wait to be seated, I did end up getting a salad and crab cake, but couldn't eat even half of either of them. We had a wonderful dinner out with them. It totally erased all the pressure and stress of the day and put me in a FAB mood. I went to bed relaxed and that's something that doesn't happen too often.

No comments: