Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 147/365 - May 27

Ah, the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! The kids only went a half day, but thankfully extended day ran for the other half. 

Wes called me after dropping Avery off and said she did fine. Of course, I was wondering what he was talking about. Leave it to me to totally not realize that today was her last day at Saint James. Wes said it didn't even seem to phase Avery which is wonderful and reinforces that we made a good decision for next year. I still couldn't help but to cry when I hung up the phone. This has been "our" school for the past four years and the change will probably be harder on me than it will on her. However, the fact that Avery adapts easily and adjusts simply reminds me that I should and will do the same.

Tonight was the final championship game for Avery's team. They were playing Russell Construction who finished second best in the league (7-7). I had no doubt that our team would beat them just like we had the previous two times we faced them and I was right!

The girls came out ready and determined to win! The final score was 12-3!!! With this win, Ambassador Awards won the Montgomery Gray Angels League Tournament in addition to the regular season!
The girls were each awarded individual trophies for their league championship win.  The team was awarded a trophy for winning the regular season and our sponsor, Ambassador Awards, was awarded a trophy for the tournament win. I took a picture of pretty much every single player along side all of the trophies :) They were SO proud (and rightfully so)!!!

Wes was pretty excited when Donna told him that the trophy was his to keep!Looks like we might have to work on building some shelving for all these trophies!

No comments: