So, Wes headed to Savannah yesterday for his conference. The phone rang bright and early this morning and he was NOT happy. Turns out the conference doesn't start until tomorrow - he arrived a day early.
Did I mention yesterday that as he was leaving, I noticed his arrival date on the hotel reservation had TODAY's date? He immediately ran inside, called, and reserved a room for last night. Well, that will be $200+ out of our pocket now - YIKES!!
Lesson learned from this little mix up? Always check, double check, and triple check everything. Oh, and don't rush to fix things either!
On the up side, at least Wes has a free day to explore Savannah :)
Avery had a ballgame tonight and this was the first one that Wes missed. She played A-MA-ZING!! At second, she stopped a line drive for an out at first and then stopped a second line drive to tag a girl out running from first to second. I was SUPER proud of her!! On top of that, the team won 12-3 but it was a tough game. I think 7 or 8 of our points were put on the board in the 3rd inning. {phew}
Alrighty, my picture of the day....
This is one of the shrubs on the side of our house. I normally have a flag that hangs from the house, but last fall we noticed that it had gotten a little shredded and tangled in the shrub so we just took it down. Shortly after that, Wes noticed that the shrub was turning brown. Here we are several months later and it's obvious that this shrub is dying. I can't imagine that the flag caused it, but all the "damage" is right where the flag started.
All I do know is this is not going to be fun to remove!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment