We are still surviving without Wes, but I have an addition to my bed. Actually make that two additions - Avery and Princess. They are a package deal ya know.
I noticed the reminder magnet on our fridge last week for Avery's annual eye exam today. I picked her up after school and we headed to the doctor's office. We had to wait about 20 minutes, so Avery tried on just about every single pair of frames in the kids area - that girl is silly.
Turns out, after her exam, that she needs glasses. It's strange because she is nearsighted, but she needs reading glasses. Dr. Jackson explained it to me and I completely understood, but I can't explain it again now. This is a quick photo after the drops (sooo not happy - "they burn").
To say Avery is excited would be a complete understatement. She was literally bouncing in the chair as he was telling me!
We head back out front to look at frames. Good thing she had already checked some out, huh? She didn't really see anything she loved, so they headed to the back and came out with about 50 pair of frames. Totally NOT kidding and Avery tried on all of them.
After an hour (which was more time than we spent with the doctor), she narrowed it down to two frames before deciding on a precious pair. I must admit that once I saw the cost of the others ($238), I was quite happy with her choice too($138)!
Avery fully expected to leave this afternoon with her glasses. Luckily, they have the lenses in stock and we can pick them up tomorrow afternoon.
To top the afternoon off, my car started acting up and I had to take it to the shop. Thankfully, they gave me a loaner until they can take a look at mine. Initially, it seems to be an electrical issue - ack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment