After a whirlwind last week of school and end to softball, I found out that my sweet Angel Bug earned straight A's for the entire school year! To celebrate this huge accomplishment, I surprised her with a day trip to Six Flags over Georgia.
We woke up early Friday morning and hit the road. Avery couldn't wait to get there - we measured her several times Thursday night and again Friday morning - and talked numerous times about the fact that she might not be tall enough to ride everything. She's right there at 54" which is the minimum height for quite a few of the roller coasters.
We arrived just as they opened and didn't have to stand in line for tickets since I purchased them online the day before (VERY good decision). We headed straight to the gates and were inside in no time at all. Avery immediately informed me that she wanted to ride Goliath, one of the new coasters. Wow, that was one BIG steel coaster!
Can you tell it was a little warm today? This was early and we were already yucky from sweat! She LOVED the ride though. Of course, I knew she would but it was still music to my ears to hear her squeals of laughter as we zoomed over the track! This was one of the 54" coasters and she had no trouble meeting the height requirement on it. However, when we headed over to ride Batman, they turned us away because she wasn't tall enough.
Even though we talked and talked and talked about it in advance, Avery was still devastated and my heart broke for her.
We headed over and rode the Mindbender a few times (which just so happens to be the very first coaster I ever rode as a little girl). She thought the upside down loops were "so cool" and really liked it!
We rode Goliath a few more times over the course of the day and headed back over to Batman for another try. This time, she had no problems with the height requirement when she was measured. Although it was frustrating from our first experience, I was just thankful she got the opportunity to ride this amazing suspended coaster!
Since it was "Avery's Day" in celebration of her awesome grades, I let her basically make the decisions all day long. We walked past numerous rides that I would ask if she wanted to ride and the answer was always the same, "no ma'am, only roller coasters." I did manage to get her on Monster Plantation and the Log Flumes (only because we wanted to cool off for a few minutes). We were planning to ride Thunder River, but that's about the same time that the rain hit with full on thunder and lightening. Needless to say, we didn't get a chance to do that ride this time.
Recap of our rides:
Goliath - 5 times
Batman - 2 times
Mindbender - 3 times
Georgia Cyclone - 2 times
Great American Scream Machine - 1 time
Ninja - once (that was 1 time too many)
Although we were soaking wet by the time we made it to the car, it was simply an amazing day (complete with MANY blisters for Mom)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment