Well, Wes picked up the microwave yesterday before we met for a dear friend's funeral. He didn't get to work on installing it last night because of a work function he had to attend. So, it was planned for tonight.
Here is my photo for today (taken at almost 10:30 tonight).
Did the microwave get installed tonight? Nope
Am I bothered by that? Not a bit
Why? Because Wes spent his evening working with Avery on her 8 multiplication tables. She did really well, but gets so frustrated with herself and often hits/whacks herself in the head! It drives me insane, but Wes told us both tonight that he did the same thing when he was growing up. They really are two peas in a pod :D
I never posted the removal story from Sunday afternoon. It is certainly worth recording too! Most important thing learned = our microwave had FOUR bolts/screws holding it in place.
Wes had me up on the ladder unscrewing the two bolts that ran from the top cabinet into the microwave. They were about 2 inches long. Neither of us could believe that was all that was holding that microwave in place! So, we start pulling and tugging and pushing and prying and everything in between to get that blasted piece of dead junk out of there. It barely even budged an inch! After about 45 minutes, Wes decides to take the filter cover off the top so he can look around inside for a bracket or something that we could have missed. Guess what he found? A second set of bolts at least 1 foot long that went at an angle from the bottom of the microwave, through a metal bracket on the back of the microwave, and then into the metal bracket on the sheeting attached to the wall.
Let me tell ya, I don't know HOW we didn't rip a hole in the wall or tear out part of the cabinet above the microwave! Wow, wow, wow. I'm really hoping removal was the hard part and the installation will be smooth sailing! Is that wishful thinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Good that it worked out or you would have been really frustrated. I'm sure the installation will go more smoothly.
You'll have to check out Maria's blog. I translated the last 4 pictures that she had in one post. I was in a mood; luckily she didn't mind. :)
Post a Comment