Tomorrow? Maybe :)
Avery did amazing on her 13 minute timed 100 problem multiplication test today. She answered every single problem and only got 4 wrong for a final test score of 96. Wes and I are so proud of that grade!!
True to my word/bribe from earlier in the week, we stopped at Bruster's Ice Cream on the way home this afternoon. Avery thinks that is one of the biggest treats in the world and it doesn't help that we pass it every day on the way home from school.
She got her "usual" which is a cup of Cotton Candy Explosion (has Pop Rocks in it), Cookie Dough, and Birthday Cake. The kid at the counter always looks at Avery like she is crazy when she places her order and usually says, "you can't get more than one ice cream with a single scoop" and I typically have to step in and take over :)
To wrap up the night, Avery was beyond excited to have her dear friend Gabrielle come over to spend the night. This is a friend that she knew from STJ from K5 - second grade who left at the end of last year to try out a public school near their home. Avery really does miss Gabrielle and they have had so much fun playing together tonight. They have only come out of her room long enough to eat dinner and go to the bathroom. All I keep hearing is talking and giggles - music to my ears!




2 comments:
how fun! I remember nights like that as a little girl - so much fun! Bruster's is SO good - I haven't them since I moved from GA in 2001!
aww she looks so happy to have that ice cream! man, i think i would be too because it sounds soo good! awesome pictures Kelli =)
Post a Comment