Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 21/365 - January 21

I may not be as great about posting every single day, but I AM still taking my photos every single day and that's what counts, right?

I scheduled an EGD several weeks back for Wes and today was the day. That meant we both got a day off from work since he gets put to sleep for the test. I planned to be nice and let him sleep in late by taking Avery to school, but he was up anyway. I still proceeded with my plan and dropped Avery off at school since that's something I don't get to do anymore.

I ran back home, picked up Wes, and we headed across town to tour the other magnet school we were interested in (Bear).

After our 20 minute tour that actually took an hour, we headed BACK across town to the hospital for Wes's procedure.

Everything went smooth as usual (this is probably his 4th time having this done) and they called me back to recovery after it was finished up. They expect to have the biopsy results back by the middle of next week. As always, we hope and pray that everything is fine and these are just precautions the doctor takes.

He quickly woke up and was super alert. He cracked me up by telling the nurse, "I want my money back" because he usually is out of it and sleeps all day long. I could already tell that wasn't going to be the case today! He was making jokes the entire time - just like good 'ole Wes :)

We were both starving since it was 12:30 and he hadn't been able to eat or drink since supper the night before. A quick stop for some lunch and we were home for the afternoon. Wes did nap for a little bit, but nothing like in the past. They have obviously made some adjustments to those sleeping drugs! We both made a mental note to request something stronger next time!!

I picked Avery up from school in carpool which is a huge treat for her. She usually has to go to extended day since I don't get off work in time to pick her up. We went to East Chase, got a snack from The Cookie Company, and just walked around for about an hour. She really enjoyed that time relaxing together.

After getting home, I fixed some quick dinner for us all and then was out the door again. We had a Board Meeting for softball up at the ball fields and it was packed full of information. We discussed registration, try-outs, the draft, opening ceremonies, and all sorts of other information regarding the season. It's hard to believe it's that time of year again. Better get ready for some ball!!

No comments: