Wes had a horrible night with his reflux last night. It's crazy - he hasn't had a night like that in a LONG time. They mess around in his throat and BAM, it starts acting up. He was up most of the night - coughing, hacking, getting sick - and neither of us slept very well.
I felt so bad for him getting so little sleep last night, that I didn't even bother waking him up this morning. I woke up, turned the alarm off, got Avery and myself ready and woke him up as we were walking out the door. I decided to just take her to school and be late to work. I figured the extra hour and fifteen minutes of sleep would probably do him some good. I think that was a pretty good guess too and he would agree (that doesn't happen too often).
Avery was excited that it was Friday because she was having a friend she doesn't get to see very often, Mackenzie, come over to spend the night. They grew up in daycare/preschool together from the time they were 2 years old until they started Kindergarten. They use to fight like cats and dogs and most people would have sworn they were sisters because of their love/hate relationship. I'm happy to say that it improved so much as they got older. They are great friends and don't get to see each other nearly enough since they attend different schools.
Avery was looking forward to talking to Mackenzie about her school since she attends the magnet school that Avery is hoping she gets into. They had lots of fun comparing stories about what each other is doing in school, etc.
After picking Mackenzie up, I took them to eat at Jalapenos - our favorite Mexican restaurant not far from our house. After grabbing a quick bite of dinner, we headed over to The Rave to see the new movie with The Rock that just came out today. The Tooth Fairy was a really cute movie and the girls had a great time. Personally, I liked The Spy Next Door (from last weekend) better, but I'm not saying a word to Avery :)
We came home, the girls played for a while, talked A LOT, and have just gotten settled in bed. I shall pray for patience for myself tomorrow because I know Avery will be moody and ill with this little bit of sleep plus the busy day we have.




No comments:
Post a Comment