Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31/365 - January 31

Wow, is the month of January seriously over? That does mean that I have kept up with this project for an entire month or 1/12th of the year - woo hoo!!!!

Wes decided to go hunting again today (the last day of hunting season) and Avery and I were planning to go to church by ourselves. We ended up staying home though. We had a lazy morning - watched a Full House marathon to clean up the DVR - and stayed in our PJ's until after lunch.

We spent the early afternoon in a mad cleaning frenzy. Avery cleaned her bathroom and bedroom, dusted, and learned how to mop. I cleaned our bathroom, washed/folded clothes, swept, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, blah, blah, blah. We gave ourselves two hours and got just about everything finished in that time.  Everything except for this:
Wes left that little surprise for me on the dining room table over a week ago. I saw it (didn't notice what it said), but didn't say a word. A few days later, Wes asked if I noticed anything on the table. It drove him crazy that I hadn't cleaned it yet. So here we are, a week later and the words "see me yet? Dusty" are still on the dining room table. Guess what didn't get dusted today? Yep, that silly ole table :)

After cleaning, we headed out to the mall to pick up a few things and let Avery go to Build A Bear. She had a gift card and Bear Bucks that were burning a hole in her wallet. Avery quickly zeroed in on a Valentine Dog and wouldn't consider anything else (not even the iCarly bear that just came out). After making her dog, she decided to pick out some clothes too. However, her gift cards were only $20 and the dog cost $16. After the clothes, she owed an extra $14 which didn't seem like a big deal at first. Until she realized that she would only have $20 left.  Ah, the lessons learned from earning your own money. It sure is different than Mom & Dad's money!

Avery also went to church again tonight and really enjoyed it. I'm hoping Wes and I get assigned to a Small Group Bible Study soon so that we can start attending on Wednesday nights too.

3 comments:

Teri said...

We were greeted with a special smiley face drawing on our bathroom mirror this week. Didn't see it till the room was all steamy. Love your dust writings. :-)

jupiter394 said...

See, your allowance deal is working just like it's supposed to. Nothing like watching them see the money go and realize it's gone.

I love watching my girls face after I give them $20 and them mark it down on the calendar to be deducted from their allowance!

Becca S said...

Love the dust message...I could have one every morning during dry season here! There is no way to keep up!