Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23/365 - January 23

Wes went hunting this morning - I set the alarm for 4:00 a.m., but REALLY don't remember it even going off. Wes says I turned it off, but I'm not quite sure about that!

Avery and Mackenzie did sleep until 6:00 AND they let me sleep until 7:45 - woohoo!!! They had such an awesome time playing together today and hated it when Mackenzie's mom showed up to get her at 2:00. They spent the better part of the day outside. When Wes got home from hunting, he asked if I knew what Avery had on and I said sure. He asked if I realized how cold it was outside and I told him that I had been out earlier and it wasn't that cold so I had Avery in a light jacket. He said it was her feet he was worried about.
Her toes were sooo red and freezing cold. Great mom??? Yep, that's me! In my defense, it had cooled off quite a bit over the course of the morning to end up at 46 degrees. It REALLY felt warmer than that earlier and there wasn't much of any wind.

After Mackenzie left, we all had to get ready to head to Auburn for Mollie's birthday party. She turned 28 on Thursday and Brian had a bunch of family and friends up to grill out in celebration of her big day. This is what we found in the backseat on the way up to Auburn:
The times this happens = NEVER. Avery almost never falls asleep in the car, but she was so wiped out today that she actually wrapped up in my coat and laid the seat back.

She QUICKLY popped up wide awake when Wes told her "Marshmallow" was waiting outside the car for her when we pulled up to Brian and Mollie's house. This is a neighbor's cat that is not well taken care of. Avery would LOVE to take her home and we actually asked the family, but it belongs to their daughter. The Dad has allergies and they don't allow the cat in the house unless the daughter is home so she can be in her bedroom. Obviously, the said no. Avery LOVES this cat and has even given her a name - Marshmallow. We don't know her "real" name, but it works for us!

Since it was so cold out, I told her she could let Marshmallow in the car to pet her. Avery was in total heaven loving on that precious cat.


We had a wonderful time celebrating Mollie's birthday and headed back home around 7:00. Obviously, Avery is just wiped out. She fell asleep on the way home too. Can I just say, wow!?!

No comments: