I can't believe that I forgot to post last night about Avery's improvement in multiplication.
Avery has been studying the time tables, flash cards, and completing 100 problem work sheets every single night at home in addition to her school work. All of this has been in preparation for her first "timed test" on the 0-9's scheduled for today. They will have 13 minutes to complete 100 problems. Sounds pretty easy, huh?
Well, Avery struggled every single day this week. They were taking practice tests everyday leading up to the "big test" on Friday.
Monday she completed 40 out of 100. Yep, that's right - 40!!
Tuesday she completed 62. Yippee, the hard work is paying off, right?!? Imagine my surprise when she comes home Wednesday and only got 50 of them complete in 13 minutes. How do you go backwards? If you are Avery - by fidgeting with your new tooth you feel coming in! Really?!?
Any guesses how Thursday went? She got 98 right!!! I was soooo proud of her! See, hard work DOES pay off!
Now, lets see if she can get through the test today without any distractions :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I remember those days. I still have one that probably couldn't do it. She gets it, she's just never fast.
Post a Comment