I woke up with a migraine this morning, quickly took an Imitrex, and headed back to bed for a bit. A few minutes later (around 8:45), the phone rings. I forgot that I'm Officer of the Day at the ballpark and there's already a problem.
Of course I jump out of bed, grab a quick shower, and quickly head to the field arriving right at 9:00. Turns out there was an error and two games were scheduled on the same field at the same time.
If you think grown ups act like adults, you are sooo wrong. You would think this was major league ball and there was money on the line based on how some of these folks acted. After an hour and a half, the situation was resolved and games were being played.
Would that be the end of my O of the D problems? Nope. Let's see - a teenager was pick pocketed ($200 stolen), parents almost got into a fight following a game, and there was a dispute with an umpire regarding calling a game due to time.
On the upside, my migraine was quickly the least of my concerns!
Avery also had a game today against a team that hasn't won a single game all season. Wes made the decision to pitch some of our girls that really haven't pitched before and it didn't go too well for us. We took our second loss of the season with a score of 6-13. Seriously though, our fielding and batting should have kept us in the game. I think the girls all got a little lazy thinking they "had" the game and it was an "easy team." They didn't hit well, their fielding stunk, and it just wasn't a good game for us.
On the complete opposite end, a team that would have finished the season without a single win, beat the best team in the league. How awesome is that?!?
My picture is probably something that Avery is going to kill me for later, but it represents today.
When Avery got the fields today, she realized that she forgot to put deodorant on. Wes ran back home to get it and I helped her put it on when he got back. Once she lifted her arm I knew what we would be doing when we got home.
Seriously, how did I miss this?
Like I said...this is our today.
A great ending to the day though...Sydney invited Avery to go to the lake with her AND spend the night!! It took all of .001 seconds for a YES from Avery!
I did my WalMart shopping this afternoon and picked up two RedBox movies to watch tonight. And that's exactly what we did - it was completely relaxing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
aww Avery is growing up!! so exciting and so sad at the same time! =) and yes, she probably will kill you for posting that, lol.
It is hard to see our kids grow up...isn't it? I am not looking forward to facing all those changes with my 4...Like Tanya said, exciting...and sad.
Post a Comment