Any of you that "know" my family will not be at all surprised to find out that we still don't have the new microwave installed. I must say that we did make some progress though. It IS out of the car, on the kitchen table, and the box is opened! Tomorrow night? We shall see!
Truth be known, the microwave project wasn't worked on tonight because Wes ended up working late. He came home around 5:15 for about 15 minutes and then headed back to work again until 9:00.
The significance of Wes working late = missing math teacher - ack!
I have observed him quite a bit over the past week and decided to try my hardest to remain calm, not loose my temper or get upset, and try to make it through tonight's multiplication lesson. I must say, we were NOT off to a good start! Avery was in tears before we were out of the parking lot at school this afternoon. I mean, really?!? The whining, moaning, tears continue on the ride home and we spend the first 30 minutes talking through it all. I tried the approach mentioned above (calm, patient, etc) and finally said, "to heck with this" and we had a "come to Jesus meeting." I did manage to stay calm, not raise my voice or anything but finally laid down the law - no more of this bad attitude or whining!
Guess what? We had an awesome night of multiplication work!!! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I may have mentioned something about stopping at Bruster's for ice cream on Friday if she improved all of the above :)
We wrapped up the evening cuddling in her bed watching Home Alone 2 on her new TV. It was such an enjoyable time (math and all)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Awesome post today. Glad you guys worked through it. I'd help if I were there. I love math.
P.S. Thanks for the ammo, I'll just keep asking you in the forum, "Hey, is that microwave in". :)
I love the "come to Jesus meeting." I have those quite often with my 8 year old and they work - sometimes lol cute photo of you guys all snuggled up!
So sweet, love this picture of the two of you!
Post a Comment