Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16/365 - January 16

Microwave?



Yep, it's true! Six days after it's arrival in our home, our microwave was finally put in it's home - above our stove!!  I would love to say that I was somewhat instrumental in the installation, but that glory belongs totally to Wes (truth be known, I'm quite happy that I was NOT involved)!!! And when I say totally Wes, I mean completely on his own - no help what so ever. He lifted that blasted thing and managed to get it bolted in to the cabinet on his own.

I'm sure you are wondering, "wow, how in the world did he manage that?" and I must say that I did too. Imagine my surprise to find out that he wrapped the power cord around the interior column in the cabinet to hold it up while he screwed it in! If anything, he's mighty creative :) Again, not sad at all that I missed it though.

I was having fun with the girls (Avery and her spend the night company, Gabrielle) at the mall during the entire "microwave install." Avery came in first thing this morning and asked if they could go ice skating today. She loves to ice skate and always wants to go, but it's just not something we do very often (mostly because I really don't enjoy it all that much myself). So of course I quickly said I would take them just because I was happy that she would have someone to skate with!

We headed out to the mall, grabbed a quick bite of lunch, and then over to the ice rink. We arrived for the 1-3 session and Avery and Gabrielle skated for almost the entire time with us leaving around 2:45. They had a blast together and were certainly worn out combined with the lack of sleep from the night before.



4 comments:

Tanya said...

whoo hoo! i am sure the microwave and you are much happier now =)

Melanie said...

yay for Wes! Glad you got your microwave in and were able to let the man of the house do all the dirty work! lol Cute photos! Tori wants to learn to ice skate, so for her birthday we're letting her take a class that gives her an idea of what it's all about - then we'll see if she likes it. I love Avery's tie! Too cute!

jupiter394 said...

It looks great, he did a great job. And I'm sure you were thinking. I'll take you ice skating and get some awesome shots for my 365! haha

Becca S said...

How nice you finally got your microwave installed! It looks great! Love the skating pictures too...how fun. I love to ice skate but haven't done it since college!