Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 19/365 - January 19

Ah, Tuesday was a pretty crummy day to be honest.
Nothing particulary wrong, but I had a terrible headache by the end of the day, was in a pretty crabby mood, and it was just a yucky day all together :(

When I woke Avery up for school (first day back after holiday), this was our conversation:

Note - all of Avery's comments were made in a pitiful, whiny voice

A: What day is this?
M: Tuesday
A: I HATE Mondays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays and and and...any day that I have to go to school! I don't like going to school anymore. I have to get up too early!
M: I'm sorry, but guess what?
A: What? (still grumpy)
M: It's one day closer to the weekend!
A: Uhhh...it doesn't matter! I don't wanna get up!

A while later after she woke up, she said one of the dreaded "not spoken from her mouth" phrases - Mom, I'm tired. Seriously? Did I hear that right? I'm not kidding - Avery NEVER says "I'm tired" or "I'm sleepy." The kid can be dead asleep and promise she's not sleepy - it's actually kind of funny!

Fast forward to this afternoon - car ride home from school. Avery reminds me that she was tired this morning. She also tells me that she FELL ASLEEP at school!! Granted, she had finished her work. But still, she fell asleep!!!

I knew what this meant - early bedtime tonight! We come home, she gets her homework finished, we eat dinner, she gets her bath, and then it's off to bed. She was seriously in bed by 7:00. I fell asleep too and woke up at 7:30 only to crawl on into my bed and go back to sleep. I did manage to get up and snap my photo of her asleep in her bed and catch the end of The Biggest Loser, but it was hard!

I'm not sure who benefited more from that sleep either - Avery or me!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm glad both you girls got some good rest! Isn't it funny how kids are so stubborn about being sleepy?