Ah, that sleep last night sure was wonderful - me likey!
Wes tried to wake me up when he came in from work, but obviously through the assistance of a Tylenol PM, I was down for the count. He was so sweet and brought me home a few pieces of chocolate candy thinking it would help my headache (which I had since I was trying to cut down on my junk food consumption). Since I was dead asleep, he just set them on the nightstand beside the bed for me. Wes showed them to me this morning and I thought that was so nice of him and was looking forward to trying a piece this afternoon.
However, someone else had other plans.
This is what we come home from school to find on the bed in our master bedroom. All the candy wrappers. It's pretty easy to guess which dog is the culprit - the one that is panting, jumping, and acting more crazy than usual. I'm glad someone (Lady) got to enjoy some delicious chocolate today.
On a totally different note, Wes and I started talking a week or so back about looking into the magnet schools in our area since they are currently taking applications for the next school year. We decided to at least go and tour the two possible facilities we would be considering. Today we visited Forest Avenue and were very surprised and impressed by what we saw. Tomorrow we are planning to visit Bear.
It is total luck whether you can even get in once you apply, but Avery's GPA is a 4.0 and she has all A's in conduct too, so this should put her towards the top of the applicant list as far as meeting the criteria. The problem is that they have such a large number of students apply each year and only a handful of spots available. Why didn't we look into this when she was entering Kindergarten?
On the other hand, we are EXTREMELY pleased with the education she is receiving where she is now. If she doesn't get into the magnet school program, she will still be attending an excellent school and we have no doubt that she will continue to do well there too. All we can do is pray for the Lord's guidance during this time.
We talked to Avery about it tonight and at first she was upset at the prospect of leaving her friends. The more we talked, the more she seemed to "come around" to the idea of a new school. She has several friends that attend each school so I have no doubt she would transition easily.
Again, whatever is in the Lord's plan - for that we will just have to be patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Dogs are such stinkers! Sorry you lost out on your chocolate - maybe she thought she was helping you keep your resolution! I'll be praying for you guys about Avery's school stuff.
Such hard decisions to make! I hope all turns out in the best way possible for everyone.
Post a Comment