I got up early this morning and headed to Wal Mart for my grocery shopping since I knew I would be gone most of the weeknd. Let me tell ya, WM is not so bad at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday!
The girls had a great practice today and Wes seemed to be really impressed with each of their skill levels. After practice, I brought Avery home and she showered and we got our bags packed for Skipperville.
We were a little later leaving than I planned (2:00), but it worked out fine. I stopped in Troy and got some dinner for everyone that would be there and also picked Caitlin up some flowers for the pageant tonight.
We arrived around 4:00 at my Grandmother's house and were glad to see that my Mom and George were already there. We all visited a bit and then ate an early dinner. My Aunt Jane stopped by and helped my arrange Caitlin's flowers and then Mom, George, Avery, and I headed to the school for the pageant. My Grandmother couldn't attend due to the noise level - it would have just been way to much for her.
The pageant started at 6:30 with the little girls (K/1st) and then moved up by age all the way to high school. Luckily for us, Caitlin was in the 3rd grouping since she is in 3rd grade. However, it still took FOREVER!!! All of the age groups performed and did all of their "stuff" and they didn't announce the winners until the very end. After announcing the winners in Caitlin's age group (she didn't win, but did AWESOME), we snuck backstage to tell her how great she did, and left. It was 9:45 at this point and the pageant still wasn't fully over!!
Avery was estatic that she was going to spend the night with her cousins, Paige and Caitlin. She has never spent the night with them before and couldn't wait. I am so appreciative to Zach and Christy for inviting her over!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment