Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 88/365 - March 29

Whew, after that whirlwind of a weekend...I seriously needed a slow day today. Luckily, work wasn't too crazy and Avery seems pretty worn out too. Her sunburn has now turned to a lovely rash on her arms that worsens as she gets hot or in the sun. I'm guessing she has a touch of sun poisoning - such a great mom, such a great mom. Obviously she listens to the commercials too because she is so concerned that she will get skin cancer from her sunburn. {sigh} If only she knew how many burns I got as a kid. Heck, I don't even think my parents put sunscreen on us - was there EVEN such a thing? I do remember being told to "put a t-shirt on" over your swimsuit. Yeah, lotta good that did!

Since we had such a beautiful sunshine filled day today, it seemed appropriate to take a photo of our Easter cross.
If you notice, it is draped with a purple cloth which symbolizes repentance. As we get further into the week, I will have additional pictures and detail what the various cloths represent.

We also witnessed a beautiful full moon tonight. This first picture really needs to be cropped a little, but here it is anyway :) That "extra" light in the corner is from the neighbor's house - sorry.
Here is another photo from later in the evening - isn't the glow just magnificent?

No comments: