Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 87/365 - March 28

We had a wonderful message in church today leading up to Easter Sunday. After church, we headed to Flip's to meet our Small Group (Wednesday night Bible Study) and their families for a quick lunch. It was great to see everyone away from church and meet their kids as well. Avery "had" to take a picture of Princess to show everyone.
Once we got home, Avery immediately headed to her room and quickly emerged in her bathing suit. She wasted no time reminding me that I promised to take her swimming at the YMCA this afternoon. We joined earlier in the week and she has been on pins and needles waiting to go swimming.  Luckily they have an awesome heated indoor pool and kids play area complete with two water slides.
Of course, Avery wanted me to put on my swim suit "just in case" there weren't any kids for her to play with. I ended up spending about an hour and a half in the pool with her. We swam around, worked on swimming, and played  Marco Polo and "volleyball." I finally managed to work my way out of the pool when a TON of other kids arrived. She had a blast playing and swimming for another hour though and I finally got started reading a book. I can certainly see us spending a lot of time at the Y this summer!
After we got home, Wes decided my truck needed washing and it REALLY did!!! So Avery stayed in her bathing suit and helped Wes wash the truck.

It looks sooo much better! At least it's not suppose to rain for a week and hopefully the pollen won't be too bad. Hey, a girl can dream!

To wrap up another busy day, Avery decided she wanted to work on a painting out in her playhouse.

And with that, another weekend has come to an end. Whew, sometimes I think I need to go back to work just to catch my breath!! Again, I think I will probably pass out the minute my head touches the pillow tonight.

3 comments:

jupiter394 said...

Holy cow was this just one day. You need to go back to work so you can relax a little. :)

jupiter394 said...

And I forgot to say, yes it is DSS if that's Digi Scrapping Survivor. I'll at least make it through Round 2 b/c I have immunity. Thanks to Denise, she gave me an extra hint that helped me out.

kmkarayannis said...

The kids area at your Y looks like a lot of fun! I love that Avery is so active and likes to do so many things. I always hope that my son will stay active as he gets older, because I am not so active (busy, but not active, if that makes sense). Way to go on keeping up with her Mom!