Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 90/365 - March 31

Today was Avery's class Easter Party/Egg Hunt and let me tell ya, she was e.x.c.i.t.e.d. I wasn't able to take the entire morning off and drive, but I was able to take enough time off to meet all the 3rd grade classes at Lagoon Park for the party. Four classes of 8/9 year olds is a LOT of kids and they had a LOT of fun!!

While the kids ran wild and played a for a while, the parents hid all of the eggs. Then it was on! You would think those kids had never seen eggs before. They were each allowed to get 12 eggs total and the rule was - you touch it, it's yours.  Here is Avery's stash of eggs - obviously her basket is a bit big as those eggs look pretty pitiful in there!
The party rounded out by the kids playing some more, having pizza for lunch and dessert.
Of course, the day wouldn't be complete without Avery making everyone laugh...
The party was wrapping up, so I headed back to work.

When I picked Avery up from school this afternoon, she was thrilled to tell me that she was selected for the Youth Chorus for Footloose! Their first rehearsal is tomorrow from 3:00 - 4:30 and then every Tuesday and Thursday for the same times. Whew, April is gonna be a busy month!

Avery was also ecstatic to bring home an entire pizza that was leftover from the party. Mrs. Stanley decided to take everyone who hasn't had their clip moved this week and place their name in a drawing to win a pizza. Avery was one of the lucky winners. To say she was happy would be a COMPLETE understatement! In her words:
  • I've never won anything before!
  • I haven't had my clip moved all year!
  • Can you believe I won?!?
Seriously, I don't think excited describes it! Just take a look at her pizza for a bit of proof.
This was to ensure that it wasn't disturbed while at school :) Did you notice the spelling of touch? So cute!

We were planning to attend church tonight and our Small Group was going to tour the life size replica of the Tabernacle that our church as recreated. However, as I was leaving work I received a call from my mother-in-law letting me know that she had fallen down the stairs at work.

This is the second time in two years (also right before Easter) that she has fallen down the stairs at work. Two years ago her fall ended with a broken knee cap - split right in half straight down the middle! Today's fall ended with a whole lot of bumps, bruises, scrapes, sores, and a broken nose. Needless to say, we went to visit and check on her tonight instead of going to church.
Avery wanted to stop and pick her NaNa up a card. While we were there she found that little bunny that she had to have for her too :)

No comments: