Avery still has that blasted rash - it's really more like welts. I've used several different creams and I've even pulled out the Zyrtec, but nothing seems to do the trick. Nope, NOT trying Benadryl. You know how some kids become hyper on that stuff? Well, Avery is one of 'em!! I'm just trying to keep her as comfortable as possible and keep them from getting any worse.
Today was finally the day for Avery to tryout for the Spring Musical, Footloose.
This is a performance put on by the High School and they have a youth chorus that opens each show. She tried out last year and performed for their play, Anything Goes and had a wonderful time. For this year's audition, Avery sang Jesus Loves Me and performed a short dance routine they taught her during the audition. She finds out tomorrow if she was selected.
However, Avery also learned an important life lesson today. When we got in the car after auditions, she told me that she told "the lady" that she wasn't coming back to Saint James next year while she was walking her down the stairs. Seriously?!? We've told Avery DAILY that she can't talk about this to anyone until we give her the OK. We still have to line up summer care and we don't want it to be held against her at school either. I mean, there are only 24 spots available. If they have 35 kids audition, are they really gonna take a kid who's parents aren't giving money (via tuition) to the school next year?
That's basically how straight forward I was with her too. Usually I try to "soften the blow" and "sugar coat" things, but not with this. I reminder her that we specifically told her that she was not to tell anyone and proceeded to explain to her why she might very well not get selected for the chorus. Do you know what she asked me? Well, why didn't you tell me exactly why I couldn't say anything? Really?!? From there I went into the fact that it doesn't matter - we TOLD you not to talk about it to anyone and you disobeyed us.
Was she crushed? Absolutely.
Did she cry? Yep, a LOT.
Did she learn an invaluable lesson? Most definitely.
Do I think she'll be selected? I have NO idea!
Needless to say, Avery was a little off at tonight's practice game. Her hitting was AMAZING though!! The team looked pretty good though and played well. Final score 21-13. Could it be that 21 is our team's lucky score???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment