Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76/365 - March 17

I picked Avery up from church this afternoon after returning from Camp Chandler - she had an awesome time!

While she was away, Wes and I talked about school for the upcoming year and finally made our decision - Avery would be going to Forest Avenue for 4th grade next year. Of course, Avery didn't know this yet. So, I decided I would let her know this afternoon.

On the way to my office (after leaving church) we took a slight detour. I pulled into the parking lot at Forest Avenue while Avery was just chatting away and asked her if she knew where we were. She looked around and figured it out, but still didn't know why we were there.

I proceeded to tell her about how the younger kids were over in the newer area of the school and she would be in this older part. She said OK and kept on talking.

I said it again. Once again she said OK and continued her conversation. Finally I asked her if she knew what that meant. I actually had to TELL her that it meant we decided she could go to Forest Avenue next year. This was her response along with some very loud screaming.
Can you tell she is excited?!? I hope it continues once her tutoring this summer gets started and the school year starts.

Avery went to work with me for a few hours this afternoon and then we headed home. I threw all of her clothes in the wash and started repacking her suitcase for her stay with NaNa and PaPa while Wes and I are in Savannah.

I also got Avery ready for softball practice. It's still crazy cold and windy - yuck! Maybe one day it will warm up and actually feel like spring. Of course that probably won't happen until after Easter!

I stayed home and took a sandwich tray across the street to our elderly neighbor - her husband (91 yrs old) passed away Monday night. I also had to take our house key around the corner to our neighbor whose daughter will be taking care of the dogs while we are gone. It's so much easier than boarding them and lets her earn some extra money too.

By this time, Wes and Avery were home from softball. Avery and I finished getting her bags packed and we headed over to Wes's parents house. I finally got back home at 9:00 and of course didn't have one single thing of mine packed yet! Good thing I pack quickly AND light. Recall my mention of how Wes packs? Take a quick look at the suitcases for our trip.
Most people would imagine the woman would be the one with two bags. Nope, not at our house! My suitcase is actually the small one on the left. It may look large in the photo, but it's actually just tall and pretty narrow (actually fits as a carry-on for flying). The other two (duffel and folding hanging bag) are both for Wes! I'll be truthful - I do have two small toiletry bags that Wes placed in his duffel bag, but still....it cracks me up. It's always been this way though and probably always will.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and head for Savannah!! This time 10 years ago...Wes and I wrapped up our wedding rehearsal and dinner (complete with a stop at Mickey D's for my before dinner meal) and I was wide awake thinking about our wedding the next day. Didn't sleep much then and don't sleep much more than that now :)

2 comments:

jupiter394 said...

Love the picture of Avery! Just pure happiness. Love your suitcase. It's somewhat the same here. I think it has to do with who does the laundry.

kmkarayannis said...

I love that you went to McDonalds before your rehearsal dinner! A Big Mac can always cure what ails me!