Ah, it's Saturday.
But then again...argh, it's Saturday which means cleaning which means :( for me. I got up this morning and got a move on to get as much done as I could. Wes decided to go into work for a few hours to play catch up from being out with Avery for three days this week.
I got to a stopping point in my morning cleaning just in time to make a quick stop at the bank before they closed at noon. I had this travel reimbursement check from my trip to Birmingham last month that I wanted to get cashed.
I had to take a photo of it for one reason. That signature you see at the bottom...it's my Dad! He was promoted to Comptroller for the State of Alabama back at the beginning of January and I could not be any more proud of him. He has worked so hard his entire career and this is just an awesome accomplishment!! Anyway, do you know how strange it is to see a check like that with your Dad's signature on it?!? At least my payroll check is direct deposit - imagine having his signature on that one!!!
Anywho, after the bank stop we headed over to WalMart to pick up several items for Wes plus some things Avery needed for camp this next week. On the way out, we stopped at the RedBox and I rented The Taking of Pelham 123. I really didn't know if we would stay up to watch the entire thing, but figured it would be worth a shot.
We left WalMart and stopped by to pick up Avery's friend, Gabrielle. She came to play for the afternoon before softball practice. They had a great time riding bikes and playing out in the freezing cold and wind. I worked to finish cleaning the house while they were playing.
I checked on them and noticed they were in the backyard playing near the drainage area (having lots of fun), finished my cleaning, and finally took a seat for a few minutes. About five minutes later, Wes walked in from work and asked me what the girls were doing in the mud outside. Needless to say, it wasn't good! They were digging in the mud to "plant trees" on their hands and knees. Avery had on her good clothes and new tennis shoes. Gabrielle was in the only clothes her Mom sent - yep, the ones she was going to wear to softball practice. They were covered in mud and NASTY!
I called Gabrielle's mom to bring her some more clothes, but she couldn't leave the house. Her solution was for me to put her muddy clothes in the dryer and make her wear them dirty. So that's what I did. Luckily all of the mud came out of Avery's clothes, but what was she thinking? Just being a kid, but...ack!
By this time it was 5:00 and we needed to get ready to head to the ball fields for our 5:30 softball practice. Do you recall me mentioning that it was cold and windy earlier? Well, it was colder and windier by now and got worse as the night went on! I asked Wes how long they were going to practice, maybe until 7:30? He said NO WAY! Guess what time he finished up? That would be 7:45! Luckily I took a big fleece type blanket with me. It makes those bleachers much more manageable to sit on. But that wind was brutal!
On top of a cold night of practice, time changed and we lost an hour of sleep. Can you say yuck?!?
Even with all of that, Wes decided he wanted to watch the movie I rented. I don't remember what time we started it, but it went off and we were in bed around midnight (new time). Seriously, WHO decided time should change on a Saturday night with church the next day????
OK seriously, how could I forget the most exciting thing from today?!? I knew that the magnet school letters were mailed out yesterday and I was expecting it to arrive today. Still, I was excited to open the mailbox and see the letter in there.
Avery was accepted at Forest Avenue!! She was beyond excited when I told her. Now, Wes and I just have to discuss it all and decide for certain that pulling her out of Saint James is the right thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Very cool about your Dad! And congratulations on the school assignment!
Post a Comment