Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 81/365 - March 22

I don't know who had a harder time getting up this morning - Wes, Avery, or me! We all made it through the day though, but it sure was tough!

Avery has a Social Studies test tomorrow and of course she left her folder at school with all of her study material in it. By the time she realized this it was too late to return to pick it up. I'm really hoping she studied it hard over the weekend with her NaNa!! She also was suppose to bring home her Science folder to study for a make up test. Negative on that one too....ugh!! Hopefully her teacher will allow her to put off the make up test one more day - she'll find out tomorrow.

Take a look at some of the signs of spring I noticed today. Hopefully this cold snap we've had won't do too much damage. I'm really hoping for some more blooms before Easter.


It was finally a little sunny today - NOT warm though! However, Avery wanted to ride her bike for a few minutes after we got home from school.
She made it around the cul de sac a few times before deciding it was way too cold and wanted to head back inside! I must say that I didn't mind heading back in either - the wind was whipping like crazy and it was COLD.  I fixed her some dinner and then we got ready for softball practice. Of course we have practice - it's cold and windy. All we need is some rain for good measure! Luckily, we didn't get any of that!

Practice didn't start until 7:15 tonight - a school night. On top of that, the public schools have testing this week. I didn't think much about it, but obviously it's a big deal to some parents. We had quite a few girls not show up for practice due to testing. Really?? I guess I just don't quite understand that aspect of it. Avery has testing like this.  Anyway, just kinda frustrating when we're getting so close to games starting up.

By the time practice wrapped up, we ran a little girl home, got home, Avery bathed, settled down and got to bed she was beyond tired. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep!

No comments: