Snow, snow, snow - we got snow ALL day long today!!!!
I know, for most folks this wouldn't be a big deal at all. However, "real" snow in the south is a HUGE deal and hasn't happened like this since March 1993! So of course, we were all beyond excited for the chance to have a snow day!
Avery and I were lucky enough to both have snow days, but Wes had to go into work this morning. We were hoping he would get to leave early so we decided not to ruin the snow at our house and headed up to the park in our neighborhood to play this morning :) Avery and I had sooo much fun! We built our very own snowman and got pretty creative for all of the accessories with stuff we could find around there.
We finished up with a good ole snowball fight which included both of us busting our rear ends too. Avery was the first to fall - she was running away from me and just slipped right down. I thought, "wow, that silly girl - I can't believe she fell" and about that time I went down too! It was pretty funny and we were soaking wet by the time we headed back home. All total, we spent about an hour and a half at the park.
We got home, into some dry clothes, and grabbed some lunch. By this time, Wes had gotten home (around 1:00) and changed too so we all headed out into our beautiful snow covered yard!
We built a snow family
Wes pulled Avery around in her "sled" (the kind you will only see in Alabama)
We headed to the backyard with Lady and Dosie for snowball fights
and several falls
before Avery, saving the best for last, prepared to go down her slide!
To finish off our outside play, Avery decided to make her very first EVER snow angel! We headed back to the front yard for that one (can't run the risk of dog poop in the back yard, lol!)
We wrapped everything up by running and sliding around the front yard - just acting silly and having a blast! Although we were soaking wet and freezing cold by the time we headed back inside. Everyone had to strip down in the laundry room so I could go ahead and get the clothes washed.
When everyone finished up with baths/showers, I fixed hot chocolate to finish off the day.
Ah, just a wonderful winter's day in the south! I must admit, all that play wore me out though - but I would do it all again tomorrow :)
Now, how in the world do I narrow this down for my P365?!?!?




1 comment:
My vote is your daughter at the bottom of the slide! Her joyful smiles are too great to pass up!
Post a Comment