Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51/365 - February 20

Saturday and I'm officially feeling crummy. Wes was kind enough to secretly take this photo of me this morning after I fell back asleep on the couch.
By the way, this never happens!

Still, I stepped up and joined the land of the living. Wes decided earlier in the week that today would be a "family yard work day" since the weather was going to be so nice. Was wimping out sick really an option? Nope.

The yard work didn't really take that long and it was actually nice to get outside in the fresh air (but don't tell Wes I said that).

Take a look at this adorable photo of Avery and Princess "resting" together this afternoon.
They look to both be in heaven!

I took a shower late in the afternoon and we headed over to Wes's parents house for dinner tonight with Brian, Mollie, and Bowman. Of course, Avery wanted to take Princess with her and so we did :)
According to Avery, "I'm so glad Princess travels well." Truth be told, she does!

Oh, how could I forget this?? Wes has been having some trouble with his truck lately and took it in to the shop this week. Yesterday, we got news that the engine was going bad (with 70k miles) due to what looks like a bad oil change. Someone used too heavy/thick of an oil. But of course, we don't know exactly when it happened :(

At first they thought Wes would be able to drive the truck for another 100k miles before the engine finally went out. Well, we found out today that it is worse than they orginally thought. Turns out one of the CAMS in the engine has gone bad. Yes, they "could" replace it, but feel that there is other damage to the engine too. His truck needs a new engine. New engine = $8,000 or a used engine = $2,000. Are you kidding me??? We just paid that truck off less than two months ago! {{sigh}}

No comments: