Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 52/365 - February 21

It's official, I'm sick again. Finally broke down and went to Pri-Med again today. Can I just ask how do I manage to see the same doctor both times I go especially when he's not even assigned there (his picture is not on the wall)?!?

I don't understand it, but I've got bronchitis and a sinus infection again. Exact same thing I had two weeks ago. He gave me a different antibiotic. Should I be concerned that the first wording in the description references "treatment for anthrax exposure"???? He also gave me a steroid pack (vs the steroid shot I got last time) and the AMAZING cough syrup (I call it liquid gold).

Just a quick rant though - how can my insurance company decide it's not going to pay for a cough syrup but once every 120 days? Are you kidding me? If my doctor prescribes it, it's needed and they should pay for it. Over $100 for my medicines today - ACK!!  Of course, I told Wes that I would pay any amount of money for that cough syrup - it works and doesn't make me sleepy.

OK, on to the rest of our day :)

Wes took Avery to get some new tennis shoes and softball cleats. Should've gotten a photo of those because they'll never be clean again!

Avery had a softball clinic this afternoon from 3 until 5 that was run by the AUM softball team. They were super organized and did an amazing job.



I was really proud of Avery too. She fielded great and hit really well too!

After getting home, she played with Princess for while, ate dinner and headed to take a bath. After about 15 minutes she called Wes in saying the water was ice cold.

Sure enough, there was NO hot water. Uh oh! I'm trying to be positive. Maybe the pilot light has gone out (we have a gas hot water heater). So, Wes climbs into the attic for a quick look.
I quickly hear, "hurry, get me a pitcher and a cup to scoop the water with" and I know it's not good. The overflow pan was starting to overflow with water and water was pouring from the valve quicker than he could scoop it out. Again, I know that's not good.

Wes calls a good friend of ours, Brad, with Penn Plumbing, at home for help. Brad tells Wes to turn the valve off and run a water hose from the water heater to the nearest drain (which is the bathtub in Avery's bathroom very near said water heater).
The water runs and drains and is still going strong now. Can it really take this long for 50 gallons of water to drain???

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry you're sick again Kelli! And the water heater problems can't make that any fun either - Avery looks awesome at the softball clinic, glad she did so well! And your new little kitten is so cute! We're thinking about getting a new kitten around here - ours has decided she's my mom's cat now since her's left home lol

kmkarayannis said...

I think those pictures of Avery are GREAT! A layout must be forming in your mind...

Becca S said...

OH NO...sorry about your water heater. Will you have get a new one? Hope you feel better soon too,Kelli!